 Town / 655
Re: Millennium City
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 02:19:32 GMT

Kyle Henneberque wrote in message ...

Sanjay, I hope you are aware of the fact that I too hate you now.

From now on I'll be watching my back  ;-)  To be honest I've kept a few
things under wraps.

I've done a George Lucas and started with part 3 of City Tours and I'm
working my way back to parts 1 and 2.

The City Tours section will be made up of the following.

- Delux Tour.  A guided tour of the major attractions within the city.
(Complete with descriptions and detailed photo's of each).
- Economy Tour .  A ride on the monorail and bus networks plus a visit to
the theme park.  (Complete with descriptions)
- Car Hire (Road Map).  You're basically on your own and free to tour the
city at your leisure.  (No descriptions)

Other Sections include:
- Copsee's Profiles:  Copsee Dolfin (Millennium TV presenter) interviews
important and interesting people in Millennium City.
- Behind the Scenes:  Links to other LEGO Towns, set listings, how the city
was created etc.
- Archive:  Images of previous incarnations of Millennium City dating back
to 1981 plus a section on the development of Millennium City.
- City Gallery:  May be removed
- Facts and Figures:  Population size, currency information, land area etc
- Business Directory:  A directory of all the major businesses in Millennium
City including OilerDax Cargo, Vantler Construction, Ham's Burgers, Pizza
Prince, Sherrif's Motors, MilCom, MPS (Millennium Postal Service) and many
more

The work you are
able to do is spectacular.  The only time I used up most of my pieces was • to
build a Lego Air Force.  It turned out pretty well except for one problem, • no
where to house the aircraft and maintainence vehicles.

Come to think of it I was sorely tempted to do an aircraft hanger but simply
ran out of time.   The aircraft hanger would have been used to maintain the
various Passenger jets and cargo aircraft.

P.S.  Having all of my creations on rolling landing gear did solve the • problem
of reaching the center of my creation, though.

My next attempt will probably be constructed on tables with wheels.  Each
city zone would be on one table which would combine to create a super city.
It would make the management of such a city a heck of a lot easier.

Sanjay