 Town / 684
Re: Town on wheels (was Re: Millennium City)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 18:03:06 GMT

Erik Olson wrote in message ...
How much city are you going to build?

My original intentions were to usethe extra bedroom, about 12'x13'. I wanted
to build 4' wide tables (read that as plywood on sawhorses) with roughly a
4'x4' hole in the middle with a cutout for the doorway.  I actually thought
about blocking the door and crawling under the table, but I'm not as agile
as I used to be so I nixed that idea.

Also, I plan on using blue baseplates as the harbor, but representing the
deeper "ocean" for my divers with chicken-wire at tabletop level and a
shorter platform underneath for my sea floor.  That way I could still have
the boats "floating" yet have the submersibles able to be lowered "through"
the surface of the water.

I'm not really sure how many roadplates I can fit within 48", (four or five
is my guess), but I'd like to build a little bit wider than that.  An
alternative would be to make the anti-doughnut--the town as an island with a
2'" walkaround--but then I'm not sure if I could reach everything without a
_9 to 5_ garage-door opener setup.

I'm not sure what I'm actually going to do, really, but I'd like it at least
as large as Millenium city.  (I almost wish I hadn't seen it--too many
ideas!)  Nothing's going to happen anytime soon, however, since I don't have
the space in my house, and I'm not looking at getting anything larger for
awhile. :(

One of my ideas was to do a castle, 64 studs deep and 8 feet long. Really a
fortified coastal city, with ships out in front.

That sounds like a neat idea--a walled city with a port.  Maybe one day I
can attempt a minifig Ethsthar, Lankhmar, or (my personal favorite)
Ankh-Morpok.

Great.  Just what I need--more ideas.

Brian (bbq) Sauls
(My wife says I'm a few bricks shy of a blue tub--I wonder what she means?)