 Town / 2730
Re: rolling garage doors from fire stations etc( was fire stations)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 01:14:34 GMT

In lugnet.town, Benjamin Medinets writes:

Ben,i am 80's(most 2 or more each) and 90's(Jr's for parts only) complete
but only 590 from '77.However my big question is to everyone is how many of
the sets of the roll up doors do you have.Through my sets and BB/Ebay i have
over 3 dozen with more on the way(Scott where's my yellow! :-)i need more hee)

Interesting follow-up.  I only have 1 each of: 6382, 6385, 6389, and 6561.
I am trying to get another 6561 (flame fighters) so I can combine the two
flame fighters together and have an amazing downtown fire headquarters,
but at the moment, I have 4 sets of garage doors.
Just to follow-up to this query, you can add additional moc fire stations
"easy" with garage door set: 5187. Each set comes with enough elements to
make one bay.  Double it up, and have 2 bays: ergo - a functioning fire
station with the right base plate and other red elements.
The only real problem is fire hall base plates aren't very common, nor
are the garage door sets...actually these are rare.
Here is 5187:
http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/catalogs/1991/s91uk/s91uk-03.html
Side note: look at the price, just a tad over 2 pounds sterling.  Which
makes in around $5 to $6 US.  Talk about a great deal...I wish I could have
had the opportunity to purchase this.
I do have a couple of sets that have the garage doors: Lego Police Station
6384, Police Command Base 6386, Cargo Center 6391 (which has the yellow garage
door pieces.  I don't think I have any other sets with garage doors...
Hey Ben,wow on that 5187 that is cheap!I have enough fire stations however.I
have a front only downtown 3 bay,a nighborhood 3 bay that matchs my houses(6
doors ,3 front 3 back so they can come in the back) and a 4 bay airport(8
doors same as above back/front).
That set (6383 public works)with the yellow garage door grooved parts with
red doors i got in an ebay "large lot of lego" for $200.The whole set was in
that lot including the plates,along with alot of other great early 80's
parts.That set alone goes for $100 or so on ebay so i got a great deal.I
bought several of those police stations for the white garage door parts to.I
put together 10 sets of doors for my airport .White grooves with blue door
handle.It matches my white airport with blue trim.   Ps if you need a fire
station plate(a real one) i may have an extra if Scott dosen't need it.
CWLeach (who loves his garage doors,fire trucks((with lights)) and monorail.)