 Town / 2718
Re: fire stations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Sat, 17 Mar 2001 14:01:32 GMT

Ben,

Dope! I thought I wrote them down correctly, let's see if I can get it now.
Should have known better to respond so late to something. Oh well, wait a
second, I know what I did, I did not list sets individually. All right,
let's try it now:

Have:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/590
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6385
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6389

Don't Have:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6382 (Not Town Junior)
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6478 (Town Junior)
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6554 (Town Junior)
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6571 (Not Town Junior)
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6464 (Town Junior)

I would like to get a 6571 or a 6382, but I am fine for right now. I am
planning a new fire station that combines some of my current stock fire
stations, mainly the garage doors into a two story / 4 bay garage with some
helicopter ports.

these sets town junior sets...only sets between 1997 until now are • considered
juniorized (IMO)....however you slightly missed one set
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6464 Super Rescue Center
another juniorized set, but has a pretty nice fire truck with it, a really
crappy fire station, but a good starter set for those "late bloomers" who
just started collecting and are also into town.

Ah, the 6464. I was so mad when I saw this that I said no way. I might pay
20.00 or so for it, but it was so much, for a bunch of sheds. : (

Darn....I didn't consider the

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/590

as a nice fire station....will have to consider buying it if I have to
expand my town...hopefully I can delay that a few years, especially if
Lego decides not to put anything out for town in the next year or so.

It is a decent set, when they first started making the minifig sets, and a
good one. Good luck finding them, though. The newer ones are easier.

Not that I don't want Lego to stop putting out sets for town altogether...
(forever that is)

Well, it depends on two things. 1) If they make more Town Junior stuff, I
don't want town to come back.
2) If they continue to expand the bulk selections, I might not need to buy
as many sets as I used to. We will have to see.

There are a lot of good MOC's in the fire department theme, and I am really
loooking forward to building some, as soon as I get my stuff wrapped up.

Scott S.
--
Personal Page: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/index.html
LEGO Index Page: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/legoindex.html