 Town / 2734
Re: rolling garage doors from fire stations etc( was fire stations)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 01:54:40 GMT

In lugnet.town, Chris Leach writes:
In lugnet.town, Benjamin Medinets writes:
Hey Ben,wow on that 5187 that is cheap!I have enough fire stations however.I
have a front only downtown 3 bay,a nighborhood 3 bay that matchs my houses(6
doors ,3 front 3 back so they can come in the back) and a 4 bay airport(8
doors same as above back/front).

I nearly forgot the garage door included on the Century Skyway...silly me.
That is a great set, and don't regret ever purchasing it.  I already had
the 6392 Airport, but the Skyway was mandator since it had a nice control
tower, that I could also use to monitor space launch traffic from the
6339 Shuttle Launch.
When and How much did you buy your monorail for.  I bought mine about 16
months ago for just over $300 on E-bay.  A little more than I'd care to
spend but again, money well spent, in my opinion....of course I am refering
to the 6399 Airport Shuttle (aka "The Monorail")
I put together mine, and the only thing about mine was a couple of pieces
missing, and a couple of other substitutions :-(  The missing pieces weren't
vital, just could have add a bit of realism to the set.  I really loved
the way the set functioned, especially the swith stations (stopping, or
going 180 degree-direction!!)
What about Light n Sound.  I thought I'd never be able to get the Light
N Sound Fire Truck or the Airport Fire Squad - two great fire trucks if
you ask me.  I also have 2 copies of the L&S Police truck and 1 copy of

Ben,Yep skyway is a great set.I have parts for my MOC airport from 3 copies
of that set including 3 of the 10 sets of doors.
As for the monorail lets just say i have been collecting those sets for 14
years(first one in 1987)so i didn't have to pay over retail.I am monorail
complete (3 main sets) several times over.At last count over 150 track parts
including  87 of the big straights(which alot participated  in our train
show here in michigan this past January)
As for light and sound i have over a dozen light and sound fire trucks(some
are in the pictures from our train show.If you are interested i can get you
a link)Of course i also have L&S police to go with it.

Garage door,  now lego should put the SP back out, or make a bulk pack!  I'd
be happy...
Josh