 Technic / 9450
9449  |  9451
Subject:
hoovercraft with lift, thrust and steering
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 2 Mar 2003 19:36:58 GMT

At last I manage to make it!
With some good help and ideas from pixel ofcourse.

Here is the picture:
    http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Phoenix/Hoovercraft/08_body2.jpg

Also made two small videos as well to proove that I realy got lift and
thrust:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Phoenix/Hoovercraft/09_lift_and_thrust.avi
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Phoenix/Hoovercraft/10_lift-thrust-steerin
g.avi

Both movieclip is about 1.5MB big and is compressed with DivX5
First is just lift and thrust, and because it is not balanced it spinns
around.
Second has steering as well, but that does not work efficient enough, but
the craft moves in one direction only.
I'll work a bit more with the skirt and the thrust fan to make them a bit
more efficient.
And the steering would be nice to control with an micromotor if I had one...

Look at the description.txt file for more info.

Regards
Øyvind Steinnes
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Phoenix