 Technic / 9507
Re: hoovercraft with lift, thrust and steering
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 08:16:04 GMT

<<snip>>

I do not want the air to go straight downwards like pixel's fan is doing,
but I would like the fan move the air outwards to the edge of the skirt and
then down...
Is this not the best way? Or have I missed something again in the
hoovercraft idea?

This is correct.

Another way is to use a "tube"-shaped skirt, blow air into that and let extra
air pass through holes on the inside of the skirt. Might be harder to construct
though. This way the air comes from the skirt and blows inwards...

Best regards,
/Tobbe
http://www.lotek.nu
(remove SPAM when e-mailing)