 Technic / 9466
Re: hoovercraft with lift, thrust and steering
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 07:55:20 GMT

"Øyvind Steinnes" <senniets@online.no> wrote in message
At last I manage to make it!
With some good help and ideas from pixel ofcourse.

hi Øyvind

good job!
it seems to be your fan is more powerfull than mine

some questions to your moc
where the hell is tunnel? :)
in fact it seems the tunnel is not necessary (but it is)

what are the "legs" inside the skirt?
the hovercraft looks really cool when it lifts itself from
the grount to the full height
this makes the machine has no friction on the floor
and the hovercraft can fly over small obstacles ie book or pencil

next thing is the deck
i discovered (during disasembling my hovercraft)
that the axles which connect outer ring with the inner one
are not needed!!!
the plastic film is enough
because the pressed air forms the deck properly
the one very important thing is that the film has to be stretched
so the whole machine is lighter

good job
regards
pixel