 Technic / 9491
Re: hoovercraft with lift, thrust and steering
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 07:51:57 GMT

"Paul Krieg" <pdkrieg@epix.net> wrote in message news:HB9KH9.8H1@lugnet.com...

Well, my rotor blades are a bit big (about 12 x 36 L).

oh G! :)
what motor will rotate it?
it has to create much resistance on the air

They are made this way to save weight as
your hoover craft is

but it could cause the hovercraft will rotate instead of propeller :)))
(joke)

2. the problem of exploding rotor still stays
One way of preventing friction pins from coming loose at high rpm's is to put a
small antenna or pneumatic "T" etc. in the holes so it can't contract.

where was my brain when i've been thinking of it?
i've got some flex sys parts and some years ago i tried this app
when you said that some contact sparkle in my head and now i see this old design
off-topic:
i'm excited very much how human memory works
eof
now it's your idea! (for me)

this application is really for plane wings
not for propellers
cause they have more sofisticated profile :(
I would think they are all similar.

not really
the wing has to create maximum lift (at sane speed of air :)
the propeller's rpm is normaly really high so the air flow is speed
and in fact propeller suck and press the air
but wings just create the lift force (aerodynamic lift)
so they are different at all
(probably someone will send us link to howstuffworks :)

I am far from being
an engineer, though.

me neither

I've enjoyed your stuff

thanx

and many others very much.

yeah!!! we have such great builders here

regards
pixel