 Technic / 9473
Re: hoovercraft with lift, thrust and steering
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 16:15:03 GMT

"pixel" <pixsrv@poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message

"Øyvind Steinnes" <senniets@online.no> wrote in message
At last I manage to make it!
With some good help and ideas from pixel ofcourse.

hi Øyvind

good job!
it seems to be your fan is more powerfull than mine
Probably, I've testet your fan construction now, but I'm not sure that I
made it correct because I have a hard time getting the blades to stay in the
right angel.
When rotating they go back to horisontal angel...

some questions to your moc
where the hell is tunnel? :)
in fact it seems the tunnel is not necessary (but it is)
Well, the tunnel is necessary, but just in the right place. I've got the
blade turning inside the tunnel. Infact the blades are so close to the wall
of the tunnel that I can sometime hear they are tuching the walls.
The blades bends a little when going for full speed, and when they bend the
diameter of the fan is getting larger...

But the tunnel on the steering fan have to be improoved. It is a little to
small (just missing a few millimeter). And it also has to be a bit longer
since the fan now is mounted behind the tunnel, but should be mounted inside
the tunnel to get the best effect.
The tunnel has to be smooth on the inside too so I put plastic film on there
too.

what are the "legs" inside the skirt?
Maybe I dont need them? I have not tried without.
I thougt they helped shape the outer rim of the skirt.... it has to be
shaped like an
(``````````), bending in under the craft. Maybe they can be shorter or made
flexible... more flexhose ...  ideas are streaming in my brain now...  :)

the hovercraft looks really cool when it lifts itself from
the grount to the full height
this makes the machine has no friction on the floor
and the hovercraft can fly over small obstacles ie book or pencil
Well, I do need a better skirt to get it to fly over obstacles....
How did you construct your outer rim of the skirt?

next thing is the deck
i discovered (during disasembling my hovercraft)
that the axles which connect outer ring with the inner one
are not needed!!!
I have three rings, maybe the middle one can be removed...

the plastic film is enough
because the pressed air forms the deck properly
the one very important thing is that the film has to be stretched
so the whole machine is lighter
hmm... good idea. I'll try that too.

Regards
Øyvind Steinnes