 Technic / 9482
Re: hoovercraft with lift, thrust and steering
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 10:10:24 GMT

"Øyvind Steinnes" <senniets@online.no> wrote in message

it seems to be your fan is more powerfull than mine
Probably, I've testet your fan construction now, but I'm not sure that I
made it correct because I have a hard time getting the blades to stay in • the
right angel.
When rotating they go back to horisontal angel...

my blades was mounted on pins with friction
+ the rubber belts protected the rotor against exploding

some questions to your moc
where the hell is tunnel? :)
in fact it seems the tunnel is not necessary (but it is)
Well, the tunnel is necessary, but just in the right place. I've got the
blade turning inside the tunnel.

i saw your fan rotating inside the body (underneath the deck)
this cause that the air is not really sucked from above
but mixed underneath the deck

But the tunnel on the steering fan have to be improoved.

it makes the flow more directional
when you put your hand close to fan you can feel the flow not only under the
fan
but also next to it which is bad
thrust fan with tunnel works like turbo-propeller engine

It is a little to
small (just missing a few millimeter). And it also has to be a bit longer

absolutely

what are the "legs" inside the skirt?
Maybe I dont need them? I have not tried without.
I thougt they helped shape the outer rim of the skirt.... it has to be
shaped like an
(``````````), bending in under the craft. Maybe they can be shorter or • made
flexible... more flexhose ...  ideas are streaming in my brain now...  :)

the hovercraft looks really cool when it lifts itself from
the grount to the full height
this makes the machine has no friction on the floor
and the hovercraft can fly over small obstacles ie book or pencil
Well, I do need a better skirt to get it to fly over obstacles....
How did you construct your outer rim of the skirt?

i did it self-formed
my skirt was shaped like this \'''''''''''''/
so the lower diameter was smaller than the upper

next thing is the deck
i discovered (during disasembling my hovercraft)
that the axles which connect outer ring with the inner one
are not needed!!!
I have three rings, maybe the middle one can be removed...

of course

the plastic film is enough
because the pressed air forms the deck properly
the one very important thing is that the film has to be stretched
so the whole machine is lighter
hmm... good idea. I'll try that too.

i hope you don't fill my wodrs as "masters" :)))
i bought some bricks from auction so my final wersion of hovercraft is in
pipeline :)

best regards
pixel