 Technic / 9449
Re: 855/955 Mobile Crane...well that's just plain bad luck :-(
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 2 Mar 2003 17:17:07 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Stéphane Simard writes:
Hello all,

I need help.

I won an auction on eBay selling an old 855 mobile crane. Since it came with
the box, I took for granted it came with instructions. It didn't, and the
seller let me know only 18 hours before the end of auction (so I couldn't
retract my bid).  I ended up winning an item I didn't want anymore.

That wouldn't be so bad, if the instructions for set 855 on brickshelf were
halfway decent! They're so bad that I can't read the numbers next to the
bricks. I don't think anyone will disagree with me here.

I did not find these to be totally unusable when I looked at them but they
certainly are not the best

I would be eternally grateful to any kind soul who could either

1) Sell me the original instructions of 855 or 955 (very unlikely)
2) Make a GOOD scan of the original unstructions if you have the set yourself
or even better:
3) Find someone in the AFOL community who can make me a a good scan of those
instructions!

Maybe you could win this auction or work with the seller or buyer?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3117077507&category=19012

It looks like it has very nice instructions with it in the pic.

Hope that helps. Disclaimer, I have nothing to do with that auction, cannot
vouch for the seller, etc etc.

++Lar