 Technic / 7073
Re: How real should it be?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 13:16:56 GMT

I know the problem,
and sometime I just forget about it, and take a the photos when the
cylinders are in the current position I want them to be.
The mainproblems I struggle with are the boggilift e.g
when the air goes out, the axle drops down, and if the bodywork are heavy, I
cant raise the axle, or the axles start to sag, and I twist my mind, and
start to find other ways around. And I also had to lower my critic sense and
just slip a model trough, and try to take to the photos in a way it looks
better, and sometimes I just keep the chassis, or the bumper, and rebuilt
parts of it, just to see if there are any ways around, some it is, sometimes
not, but I give it a try anyway.
But I am agrees in one thing, and that are the cylinders,
they are to weak, and have all the other problems you mentioned.
Also the frontaxles are a problem on my models,
where the axle start to sag, due to the weight, and
if I build something behind a rear axle, the frame are bent down, and if I
shoud reinforce that, it would look to big, and klumpzy, so its not easy,
but hey! Its a challenge right?
jt
"Tobbe Arnesson" <tnt@arnesson.nu> wrote in message
Hi!

I constantly forget that LEGO, after all, is a toy and get
disappointed when I can't get the realism of real world applications
done with LEGO.

It's most often the pneumatics that have too short stroke and/or
streanght. The motion envelope get's shrunk or the power is lost.

Same thing with the fairly weak motors, either you get a crawl speed
or no power at all, it's hard to get a fast and at the same time
powerful model.

Often when I find things don't turn out as good as I had hoped I get
very disappointed and have sometimes teared it all apart and start a
new MOC. I don't like the "tear down/rebuild process". Partly 'cause
my current employment is problem solving and LEGO is the cure/treat
when I get home.

I'm sure I'm not alone with this little problem, how do you cope with
this?
/Tobbe

http://www.arnesson.nu/lotek/