 Technic / 7074
Re: How real should it be?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 12:28:04 GMT

tnt@arnesson.nu (Tobbe Arnesson) writes:

Often when I find things don't turn out as good as I had hoped I
get very disappointed and have sometimes teared it all apart and
start a new MOC. I don't like the "tear down/rebuild
process". Partly 'cause my current employment is problem solving
and LEGO is the cure/treat when I get home.

I can certainly relate to your experiences.  I, too, like to use LEGO
as a means for relaxing and getting my mind off work and everyday's
trivialities.  However, I suppose I like problem solving.  So when I
build with LEGO, I like to experiment with different ideas.  Only
very, very seldom do I every finish off an MOC completely.  All I
"produce" is half made suspension setups, various transmissions, booms
and rigs for construction equipment and so on.  I would probably never
have the patience to finish a model, and prepare a presentation like
the ones Jennifer Clark makes.

All in all, I'm pretty much happy with the current situation.  The
only thing I miss is to actually finish something.  It is a nice
feeling to apply the last brick to a model and put it on the shelf, if
only for a few days until I need some parts from it.

Fredrik