 Technic / 7069
7068  |  7070
Subject:
How real should it be?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 11:38:16 GMT

Hi!

I constantly forget that LEGO, after all, is a toy and get
disappointed when I can't get the realism of real world applications
done with LEGO.

It's most often the pneumatics that have too short stroke and/or
streanght. The motion envelope get's shrunk or the power is lost.

Same thing with the fairly weak motors, either you get a crawl speed
or no power at all, it's hard to get a fast and at the same time
powerful model.

Often when I find things don't turn out as good as I had hoped I get
very disappointed and have sometimes teared it all apart and start a
new MOC. I don't like the "tear down/rebuild process". Partly 'cause
my current employment is problem solving and LEGO is the cure/treat
when I get home.

I'm sure I'm not alone with this little problem, how do you cope with
this?
/Tobbe

http://www.arnesson.nu/lotek/