 Technic / 7081
Re: How real should it be?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 16:14:13 GMT

On Mon, 18 Mar 2002 15:25:54 GMT, "Bob Fay" <rfay@attbi.com> wrote:

Making a model that will "do something" is my challenge. The saying "If you
cannot solve the problem, change the problem." is the basis for my building.

Uhm, could you explain that part a little? I think my English is
lacking again :) Sorry.

This requires a lot of rebuilding to achieve a design that will perform
according to your expectations. I started to build machines that simply
moved. Then I placed a cutter on the spindle motor and the whole concept
changed. Vibration was added to my vocabulary and the "toy" showed its face.

I vaugly recall seeing a mill about a year ago, is that the MOC you
refer to?

I learned that there were limitations that I must overcome in the design,
speed and materials. I never dreamed that I would spend hours drying bread
to the perfect hardness so my toy could cut its surface. I now know more
about bread than I do about Technic. This was not always relaxing, but it
was satisfying.

LOL!

Well, that's another thing I like about LEGO. I've broaden my horizons
like never before.

A while ago I was seeking another subgroup to play with when I get
stuck on my IPMOC (In Progress MOC), it would be nice to have a town
layout or perhaps some trains to play/build with while the Technic
get's a brake. I started thinking about making a replica of my home
town and all of a sudden I looked at the building when I was out
walking, I've never bothered with architecture in my whole life and
BAAM I'm thinking "Hey, that's a nice door frame" etc.

And that's just one example of _many_ like that.

(for the record I decided Mechas was the secondary building theme for
me and all of a sudden Bionicle does seem to contain a few nice parts
after all { 8531 Pohatu seems to contain ball joints with cross axle
holes for instance }... But not for Technic building)
/Tobbe

http://www.arnesson.nu/lotek/