 Technic / 5376
Re: A campaign for sun and planet gears
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 09:08:04 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
In lugnet.robotics, John Barnes writes:
I have no idea if TLC reads this particular news group, but;

***** I want a Technic sun and planet gear assembly! *****

  Yeah!  To scale!  I need some 1.5-million-stud-length axle pieces...:)
  Actually, this is a great idea for an "ideas" set.  Hey, I need to
  get out my copy of "Dark Crystal" so I can build Aughra's observatory!

Yeah!  Orreries rule!  Check out:

http://www.vancort.com/orrery.htm

or

http://www.scienceartco.com/what_is_an_orrery.htm

This pic:

http://www.gemmary.com/instcat/03/p16-032-03.html

Is quite a good one of a simple orrery that only models the sun, earth and
moon.  I'm sure it would be possible to use a turntable or 40t gear and then
put gears on the arm to change the gearing to make a Lego version.  However
my slate is full.  I need a new burner to put behind the back one so I can
have somewhere to put this plan.

Psi