 Robotics / 15642
Re: Legal ramifications of posting? (Was: Re: A campaign for sun and planet gears)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 19:00:02 GMT

Johannes Keukelaar wrote:

After a detailed discussion of some new piece X, possibly, as
described above, complete with .dat file describing the piece in
tremendous detail, how would Lego feel about making such a piece, or
even a similar piece? After a post describing, say, a Technic cement
mixer, possibly, again, complete with .dat file, how would Lego feel
about producing a Technic cement mixer as an official set? (Or did
even this suggestion rule out that possibility?)

From the other side of the fence: If somebody on Lugnet suggested a
new piece X, and two years later (say) a set was produced containing a
piece very similar to X, how would the original poster feel?

If I suggested the part, I'd be VERY glad they made it, as it would probably
already be "built" into many MOCs that couldn't be built without it.