 Robotics / 15631
Re: A campaign for sun and planet gears
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 02:46:28 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Wayne Sardullo writes:
I know what these are but, you can simulate the same effect of the sun/planet
gearing system using existing pieces

Hmmm. Maybe you could use the droid escape cylinders, and wheels with tires
instead of gears? Another use for the droid escape??!!!?????

If lego said here's 5 items that we want to build and 1 of them was a
Sun/Planet assembly, that wouldn't be one of my choices

I tend to agree. Things like bulk beams, 1x2 & 1x3 half beams (no studs, no
cross-holes), bulk beams in all sizes, 1x3 & 1x5 beams, and, oh, did I
mention bulk beams in all sizes & colours????   8?)

ROSCO