 Technic / 5375
Re: A campaign for sun and planet gears
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 08:32:25 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, "Elijah Meeker" <EMEEKER@austin.rr.com> writes:
Well, while we are on the topic of technic wants... I want a brick with a
threaded hole that a worm screw could fit through.

Hi Elijah.  Have you seen this:

http://news.lugnet.com/technic/?n=5019

This, and the fantastic bit of work by Leo Dorst found at the link in the
top part explain how you can use a worm gear to make a piston device in two
different ways.  If these don't work I would have thought it would be
possible to build a box containing a couple of rack plates which would do
the job.

Psi