 Technic / 3492
Re: Digital Camera
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 29 Dec 2000 09:57:18 GMT

BTW I use a Olympus C860L and it works perfect.

Hmm what's your opinion on a Sony Mavica that uses floppies?

If you already own a videocamera you can buy a cheap video editing
card for your computer and use it to take still images. The quality
leaves much to ask for but it works and if you already have a
videocamera it's cheap.

If you shoot each picture in about three seconds you can store 1800
pictures on a 90 minute tape.

(three seconds seems to be an optimal value since you need some time
to dump the picture when making them into still images in the
computer, unless you pause each "picture")

Some samples of this technique:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=4905354

(all photos come from my videocam).

The problem is it needs a lot of light to produce non-grain pictures,
but the zoom rocks! I use an analog Hi8 videocamera. And the
resolution is limited to the movie system (PAL, NTSC and that France
one).

/Tobbe