 General / 25723
Re: Digital Camera
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 28 Dec 2000 21:23:41 GMT

If you are thinking about the Sony Mavica, consider the Olympus C3000/C3030,
incredibly good image quality, 3.3 Megapixel images, 16 or so possible
quality settings,
I use the HQ setting and a 64MB smartmedia card to get over 80 shots before
I need
to switch cards.

Sample image of the Unibot's robot saving the scientist in a recent FLL
Challenge
competition is here:  http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=24890

-Peter
"Kenneth A. Drumm Ph.D." <arcanamachi@netzero.net> wrote in message

"Rainer Balzerowski" <balze2@gmx.net> wrote in message
In lugnet.general, Kenneth A. Drumm, Ph.D. writes:

Actually I've made my mind up to get 1) Mindstorms-Mars Exploration • 2)Vision
command 3) both cause I've read they both come with cameras suited to • what
I'm looking for, plus I get more Technic parts :)
Any comments good or bad is VERY welcome.
--
Kenneth A. Drumm Ph.D. who is going shopping when he leaves work early
today.

You want to buy a vision command set to use the camera for photographing • our
lego inventions, right ???

Yup.

Have you ever seen an image made with such a camera ??

Nope.

(It's a logitech webcam, i find the results from my cheap noname webcam
better)

Really?

If you want to see one, I'll make one and send it to you.

Sure!! Email me at Arcanamachi@netzero.net Hows about sending me the same
image using both cameras, Vision Command vs. No Name?

Beware of using this camera as a photocamera.

Yipe!!

BTW I use a Olympus C860L and it works perfect.

Hmm what's your opinion on a Sony Mavica that uses floppies?

Rainer
--
Kenneth A. Drumm Ph.D. who appreciates the help