 Technic / 10074
Re: Airplane wing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 14:21:34 GMT

More pictures will be seen after moderation at:

Good work mate!

The shape of the wing is really good!

Perhaps if you could make the two wing halves attach at a slight degree giving
a V-shape to the wing. Or at least make the tips turn up. I'm not sure why but
most sailplanes have this configuration and that's all you need to know right
now :)

Perhaps you can make the wing lighter by using plates to extend the 1 x 16
beams instead of friction pins?

I.e.:

beam-plate on top-beam-plate on top-beam

Or rather in the bottom since the forces work that way.

If you find a way to streatch the plastic film it will help streanghtening the
wing.

Good luck!

Best regards,
/Tobbe