 Star Wars / 7601
Re: TPM Rules
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 18:50:09 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Mark Sandlin writes:
Sure, but did you -really- expect to find a good plot, good acting, etc. etc.
in TPM? The Star Wars movies have never been examples of excellence
in "Film" but they sure are good "movies."

It's brain candy.

  That's a feeble, lazy excuse for them to make.  I'm not looking for
pioneering insights into the human condition; I'm hoping for a film that is an
entertaining and well-executed story.  Sure, George and Co. and can lapse into
the primary cliche and problem facing SciFi since its inception: all plot, no
character.  But why would they?  There's no reason, other than laziness or a
culpable lack of concern for a good story, not to develop characters.
Especially now, 20 years after the first film, since George has had two
decades to improve his character direction and writing.

     Dave!