 Star Wars / 7626
Re: TPM RULES (long reply, skip if you're in a hurry...:)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 11:30:04 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Selçuk Göre writes:
I clearly remember that this script continued like "..for a clear
transmission". So I can't see any character point here.

  Sigh.  My point is that, if the search for the MF were of paramount
importance, Vader could have kept his ship in the field and sent a
less-than-clear transmission; after all, the Emperor was able to contact
Vader's ship, so some communication was possible.  The fact that Vader still
found it worthwhile to interrupt his search just to send a message suggests to
me that he placed greater emphasis on speaking with his Master than on finding
the MF.

Besides, I liked the two-headed announcer.

Are you silly?

I didn't irritated with this two headed thing, too. And I don't feel
myself as silly for that, although I'm familiar with this feeling for
the things that I do from time to time.
But accusing someone as being "silly" since he/she liked some imaginary
alien thing or not is not a mature thing in my book, especially in a
discussion supposedly for nothing but fun.

  Lighten up.  I don't think "silly" is an especially scathing rebuke. If I'd
intended to injure or at least raise the stakes of this discussion, there are
plenty of other words I might have chosen, but that's obviously not what anyone
here was after.

     Dave!