 Star Wars / 7624
Re: TPM RULES (long reply, skip if you're in a hurry...:)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 10:12:52 GMT

Dave Schuler wrote:

In lugnet.starwars, Bryan Hodges writes:

hmmm... I recall a certain asteroid field in ESB that didn't further the plot
any... accept that it gave Han and Leia the chance to "park."

  I disagree, for a small but very significant reason.  Vader at one point
announces "asteroids do not concern me, Admiral; I want that ship," even
though the various destroyers are getting brutally pummelled by the field.
Then later, when Vader is informed that the Emperor wishes to speak with him,
Vader immediately orders his ship to leave the field; the implication is that
Vader's devotion to/respect for/fear of the Emperor outweighs any concern for
the condition of his own vessel.  A subtle but--in my view--very cool
character point!

I clearly remember that this script continued like "..for a clear
transmission". So I can't see any character point here.

Besides, I liked the two-headed announcer.

Are you silly?

I didn't irritated with this two headed thing, too. And I don't feel
myself as silly for that, although I'm familiar with this feeling for
the things that I do from time to time.
But accusing someone as being "silly" since he/she liked some imaginary
alien thing or not is not a mature thing in my book, especially in a
discussion supposedly for nothing but fun.

Selçuk