 Star Wars / 7559
Re: TPM Rules
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 13:22:53 GMT

  I could go on, but it's getting sort of late. It may seem that I'm
nitpicking, but these things really bothered me while watching the film.  I
know George is selling to the N64 generation, and he's not concerned with
nebulous issues like strategy and logic, but come on, George!

Lots of reasonable questions - see my other post ('what's wrong with TPM' thread)
for the long version of why I see all these questions and criticisms as moot.  I
really think that considering the movie as a film is erroneous, and it should more
appropriately be considered a piece of art.  Which you can still criticize of
course, but it's always pretty self-defeating; "the artist should or shouldn't have
done this" doesn't hold much water when you're referring to an individual
expression of a vision.  It's kind of like saying "your opinion is wrong", or "you
shouldn't like that color".

-shaun