 Star Wars / 7557
Re: TPM Rules
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 12:33:46 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Dave Schuler writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Thad Jantzi writes:
To all you TPM naysayers... I say go see the movie again. This time go in
without a bee in your bonnet. Look at the things that are truly wonderful and
Star Wars about the movie, because they ARE plentiful.

<snip>

I could go on, but it's getting sort of late. It may seem that I'm
nitpicking, but these things really bothered me while watching the film.  I
know George is selling to the N64 generation, and he's not concerned with
nebulous issues like strategy and logic, but come on, George!
Oddly, I enjoyed the film more than Return of the Jedi. During the JarJar
scenes (which in themselves account for 90% of my complaints) I simply thought
of a happy place.

Well I actually agree with both of you in some places and disagree too.  First
I am just as big a Star Wars fan as anyone and they are my favorite movies.  I
still remember going to see the origional back in 77 when I was 8 and loving
it.  That being said I can't say that any of the movies were that good from a
Plot or character development point of view.  I think all the movies had a bit
of the "Eggs all in one basket" syndrome although some delt with it better than
others.  I can list something I didn't like from all the movies.

Star Wars ANH,
1.  Luke Whined way too much and even today I want to reach up and slap him at
times.

2.  The "Eggs all in one basket" Death Star with silly vulnerable weakness.

3.  Luke showed more emotion over Obi-Wan dieing than his Aunt and Uncle who
had raised him.

Empire Strikes Back,
1.  The I can't detect any life on this Ice burg gag just moments before Luke
gets taken by the Whompa.

2.  The convienent Worm in the Astoroid thing that made no sense to me at all.

3.  How quickly they all forgave Lando after he basically gave his best friend
over to the Empire.

Jedi,
1.  Ewoks, Ewoks, Ewoks

2.  Empire didn't learn the first time "Eggs all in one basket" Death Star.

3.  Tie Fighters bouncing off the walls of the Death Star while the Falcon
makes an almost clean run of it.

4.  I will say that I loved the first half of Jedi even though Jabba insisted
on the "Bat Man increadibly complicated but easily escapable" way to dispose of
our hero's.

TPM,
1.  Jar Jar.  (I will clarify that I LIKED the Gungans in general it was just
Jar Jar that was a pain).

2.  The "Eggs all in one basket" droid controled ship.

3.  The it made no logical sense except for effect place where they had the
final lightsaber battle.  (It was still the best Lightsaber battle of all 4
movies).

I can also go through things I liked about all 3 but I won't although I will
list my favorites in order.

1.  Star Wars ANH
2.  Empire
3.  The Phantom Menice
4.  Jedi

To me they are all Star Wars and I Love the first 2 movies and Like the second
2 a lot as well.  I think these will always be at the top of my list of
favorite movies of all time even if they have their flaws.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/

View My Creations at: