 Star Wars / 6776
Re: Yet Another Episode 1 Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 07:29:54 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Scott that is correct!  You should read the star wars episode 1 book.  Its much
better in character development than the movie.  Plus there are extra scences
that the movie does not have.  Example.

* Pod race between Anakin and Sebulba before the podrace we see on movie
* Anakin's encounter with an injured sandperson
* Flirtation between padme and anakin on Tantoiee and then back on Naboo (padme
is now the queen)
* Qui-Qon's thoughts on something not being right with the queen (decoy queen)
He can sence something but is not sure what he sences about the queen that is
not correct.  It is only once there are meeting with the Gungans that he
figures out what it was that was "bugging him".
* In depth explanantion of why Yoda fears that Anakin is too old to start jedi
training.  Basically Yoda knows that the fear anakin carries is too deeply
rooted and must be conquered from within by anakin himself and that other can
not help since he is too old.  If we were younger they could conquer his fear
from the outside.
* Anakins dreams of the queen.  She is much older and sad.  Plus visions of a
vast army coming after him in a distant place and planet.
* Anakin's encounter with an old starfighter pilot who tells anakin that he
WILL see all those planets before he dies.
* An in-dept explanation of the sith and how they came about and how they fell
  Greed was their basic downfall
* Anakins thoughs of padme and how he is totally in "love" with this girl.

That basically sums up what the movie did not go over.  You should really
really read the book and you will fell that the movie was a jip! Sorry, but the
book was much much better.

In lugnet.starwars, Scott Edward Sanburn writes:
To All,

   Thanks for all the responses, let's see if I get this right now:

Starting scene on viewscreen: Queen=Queen
Discussion in Castle: Queen=Queen
(My thoughts are that she became Padme before the Trade federation invaded
Naboo)
Captured: Padme=Queen
On Corsecant: Queen=Queen
(Before they return to Naboo she changes yet again to Padme)
Gungan Meeting: Padme=Queen
Takeover of Castle: Padme=Queen / Queen=decoy

Does this sum it up?

EVERY time we see Padme, she is the Queen - according to several • "official"
books, the Queen has five hand maidens, and there names are listed, and • none
are called Padme. So, the Queen does not swap names with a hand maiden, • but
becomes a new one, called Padme.

So there is no Padme? (German utterings)

Scott S.
--
Scott E. Sanburn
Systems Administrator-Affiliated Engineers -> http://www.aeieng.com