 Star Wars / 6826
Re: Obi Wan Kenobi Training Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 14:07:21 GMT

I don't know if anyone has answered this yet but Obi-Wan was actually trained
by both.  Young Jedi are singled out when they are very young, often infants.
From there they go to the Jedi Temple where they are trained in the use of the
force by Yoda among others.  There they wait until a Jedi Master comes along
to choose them as there padawan learner.  If a young Jedi isn't chosen by a
certain age (12 maybe) they must leave the temple and pursue a different
life.  All of this information can be found in the series of books following
the adventures of Qui-Gon and a young Obi-Wan.  I think maybe they're called
the Young Apprentice Series.  There are like 8 of them out now, they are
supposed to be aimed at young teenagers but I read the first couple just to
see what it was like.

Frank

In lugnet.starwars, Scott Edward Sanburn writes:
To All,

   Alright folks, as I am listening to all the SW movies, I am getting
either more confused or more frustrated. Here is another question. Since I
was listening to all the classic movies, a question really started to
surface, especially since Episode 1 came out. Obi Wan constantly referred to
Yoda training him in the classic series, especially the Empire Strikes Back.
However, Episode 1 revealed that Qui Jonn Jinn actually trained him. Is
there any reference to this in the books or anything, or is this just a
glaring contradiction? Any information would be beneficial.

Scott "I watched the ST more than the SW movies" S.
--
Scott E. Sanburn
Systems Administrator-Affiliated Engineers -> http://www.aeieng.com