 Star Wars / 6830
Re: Obi Wan Kenobi Training Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 15:37:13 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Scott Edward Sanburn writes:

Alright, but it is
weird that the Classic series didn't mention Qui Jinn at all. Must have been
an oversight or a addition after the classic series was made, which is my
theory.

He was definitely an addition after the original trilogy was made.  For some
time during the process of creating Episode I, Qui-Gonn was not even Obi-Wan's
mentor, but was a "classmate" who had sort of graduated with him.  Personally,
I like the idea of mentoring-in-the-field as seen in the finished product
*much* better than the idea of two new Knights with little experience handling
such an important matter.

eric