 Star Wars / 6829
Re: Obi Wan Kenobi Training Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 16:10:42 GMT

Qui-Gon wasn't the one who trained him, Qui-Gon was the one who took him
on his "field experience".  You'll notice that Obi-Wan already knows
plenty about using the Force at the beginning of TPM.

Yes, indeed. So I take it that all young "Jedi hopefuls" go to the temple,
where Yoda leads them through "Jedi Elementary school", and then they
graduate to Padawan learner, if a Jedi master picks them. Alright, but it is
weird that the Classic series didn't mention Qui Jinn at all. Must have been
an oversight or a addition after the classic series was made, which is my
theory.

Besides, it would have sounded silly for Obi-Wan to say, "I'm going to
send you to Yoda, the Jedi Master who trained me - well, except for the
training I received from this other guy who is now worm food.  But that's
not important right now."

LOL! : )

Scott S.
--