 Star Wars / 6835
Re: Obi Wan Kenobi Training Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 22:18:41 GMT

I sure hope this adds to your confusion.  There are many great theories about
who trained Obi Wan, but my question is how old was he when he was trained?
In Empire Strikes Back, Yoda objects to training Luke saying that he is too
old, ghost Obi Wan says that he wasn't much younger when he began his
training;  then in The Phantom Menace yoda refuses to train Anakin, saying
that he is too old.  So what is the appropriate age, Qui Gon mentions that it
is very young, but if this is true why is Obi Wan close to Luke's age when he
begins his training (I assume in ESB Luke is about 17 give or take a few).

Just a few more things to ponder.

Scott

In lugnet.starwars, Scott Edward Sanburn writes:
To All,

   Alright folks, as I am listening to all the SW movies, I am getting
either more confused or more frustrated. Here is another question. Since I
was listening to all the classic movies, a question really started to
surface, especially since Episode 1 came out. Obi Wan constantly referred to
Yoda training him in the classic series, especially the Empire Strikes Back.
However, Episode 1 revealed that Qui Jonn Jinn actually trained him. Is
there any reference to this in the books or anything, or is this just a
glaring contradiction? Any information would be beneficial.

Scott "I watched the ST more than the SW movies" S.
--
Scott E. Sanburn
Systems Administrator-Affiliated Engineers -> http://www.aeieng.com