 Star Wars / 6672
Re: Yet Another Episode 1 Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 8 Apr 2000 03:19:48 GMT

I agree with Scott, also, if you listen carefully, you can, or I can anyway,
hear a difference in the voice of the actual Queen, and the 'handmaiden' that
acts as the decoy.

Adam

In lugnet.starwars, Mike Petrucelli writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Scott Edward Sanburn writes:
Hello all you SW EP1 fan,

   I had a question in regards to the Queen Amidela and Padme switch. When
exactly did it happen, and where they switched in Corsecant. Any information
would be greatly appreciated.

Well we can assume that the very first time we saw the Queen that it was not
her.  If you recall the 'Queen' says she doesn't want to trouble her
hand-maidens.  'Padme' replies "we are brave your majesty."  At which point • the
'Queen' agrees to go with the Jedi.  On Tattooine we can also assume 'Padme' • is
the Queen.  She argues with Qui-gon and he says "the Queen trusts my judgement
and so must you."  'Padme' replies after Qui-gon turns away "you assume too
much"  (We could assume Qui-gon knew it was the Queen and was trying to call
her on it as later he is not surprised to see her step forward in front of
everyone.)  We can assume that when Anakin goes to say goodbye to Padme and • the
Queen tells him she will get the message, that she is in fact the Queen.  The
only other time the 'Queen' is the Queen is in the Senate chambers.  There are
many subtle clues to the fact that the 'Queen' is almost never the actual
Queen.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

No Problem.