 Star Wars / 6658
  Re: Yet Another Episode 1 Question

(...) Well we can assume that the very first time we saw the Queen that it was not her. If you recall the 'Queen' says she doesn't want to trouble her hand-maidens. 'Padme' replies "we are brave your majesty." At which point the 'Queen' agrees to go (...) (24 years ago, 7-Apr-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Yet Another Episode 1 Question

Hello all you SW EP1 fan, I had a question in regards to the Queen Amidela and Padme switch. When exactly did it happen, and where they switched in Corsecant. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Scott S. -- Scott E. Sanburn Systems (...) (24 years ago, 7-Apr-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Yet Another Episode 1 Question

I agree with Scott, also, if you listen carefully, you can, or I can anyway, hear a difference in the voice of the actual Queen, and the 'handmaiden' that acts as the decoy. Adam (...) the (...) is (...) the (...) (24 years ago, 8-Apr-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Yet Another Episode 1 Question

Another fun thing to notice is that they lowered her voice for the movie. Go back and listen to the queen's voice in the trailer and then listen to it on the video. I suppose they wanted her to sound more "queenly." ~Mark (...) that (...) switch. (...) (24 years ago, 8-Apr-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Yet Another Episode 1 Question

(...) That is true. However, the person who said that they could tell the difference in voice is also correct- a different actress actually played the Decoy Queen. Lord INsanity left out something, though- the first time we see the queen, it is the (...) (24 years ago, 9-Apr-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Yet Another Episode 1 Question

(...) Each of those scenes were less than a minute long. MOST of the time we see the 'Queen' it is not actually the Queen. MOST (if not all) of the time we see 'Padme' she is the Queen. The voice changes are inconsistent at best so I wouldn't put (...) (24 years ago, 9-Apr-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Yet Another Episode 1 Question

(...) of (...) conversation (...) the (...) EVERY time we see Padme, she is the Queen - according to several "official" books, the Queen has five hand maidens, and there names are listed, and none are called Padme. So, the Queen does not swap names (...) (24 years ago, 10-Apr-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Yet Another Episode 1 Question

(...) I stand corrected. I Never read any of the Episode 1 books but that explaination fits with no movie contradictions so... -Lord Insanity (24 years ago, 10-Apr-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Yet Another Episode 1 Question

To All, Thanks for all the responses, let's see if I get this right now: Starting scene on viewscreen: Queen=Queen Discussion in Castle: Queen=Queen (My thoughts are that she became Padme before the Trade federation invaded Naboo) Captured: (...) (24 years ago, 10-Apr-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Yet Another Episode 1 Question

Scott that is correct! You should read the star wars episode 1 book. Its much better in character development than the movie. Plus there are extra scences that the movie does not have. Example. * Pod race between Anakin and Sebulba before the (...) (24 years ago, 13-Apr-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Yet Another Episode 1 Question

(...) Just a minor beef with this observation--I have yet to meet **anyone** who was not immediately aware that "Padme" was the Queen; it seems unbelievable to me that Rob Roy couldn't figure it out. Perhaps her own "Force-ness" projects some sort (...) (24 years ago, 13-Apr-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Yet Another Episode 1 Question

(...) queen) (...) that is (...) who (...) unbelievable to (...) projects (...) Well, I was the one who had questions about it, I had a feeling sometime, but I guess I really didn't look at the fake and real queen closely enough. Maybe I just sat (...) (24 years ago, 14-Apr-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Yet Another Episode 1 Question

(...) I didn't get it early on, but I did get the idea that something was amiss before they started bludgeoning us with hints... I'm also terrible with faces, particularly after you paint one of 'em, so I didn't even realize they were the same (...) (24 years ago, 14-Apr-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Obi Wan Kenobi Training Question

To All, Alright folks, as I am listening to all the SW movies, I am getting either more confused or more frustrated. Here is another question. Since I was listening to all the classic movies, a question really started to surface, especially since (...) (24 years ago, 17-Apr-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Obi Wan Kenobi Training Question

I don't know if anyone has answered this yet but Obi-Wan was actually trained by both. Young Jedi are singled out when they are very young, often infants. From there they go to the Jedi Temple where they are trained in the use of the force by Yoda (...) (24 years ago, 17-Apr-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Obi Wan Kenobi Training Question

(...) Qui-Gon wasn't the one who trained him, Qui-Gon was the one who took him on his "field experience". You'll notice that Obi-Wan already knows plenty about using the Force at the beginning of TPM. Besides, it would have sounded silly for Obi-Wan (...) (24 years ago, 17-Apr-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Obi Wan Kenobi Training Question

(...) One of the first bits of dialogue in Episode I is about the difference between Qui-Gon and Yoda's training (well, their views on the Force). I can't remember all of the lines exactly, but Qui-Gon says something about focusing on the present, (...) (24 years ago, 17-Apr-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Obi Wan Kenobi Training Question

(...) He was definitely an addition after the original trilogy was made. For some time during the process of creating Episode I, Qui-Gonn was not even Obi-Wan's mentor, but was a "classmate" who had sort of graduated with him. Personally, I like the (...) (24 years ago, 17-Apr-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Obi Wan Kenobi Training Question

You are right on this there are two distinct views of "theory/training" on the force. SW: TPM Eposide 1 book goes into them in much greater detail than the movie. But the basics are the following (if I remember corrclty) Yoda and the majoritry of (...) (24 years ago, 17-Apr-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Obi Wan Kenobi Training Question

(...) Yes, indeed. So I take it that all young "Jedi hopefuls" go to the temple, where Yoda leads them through "Jedi Elementary school", and then they graduate to Padawan learner, if a Jedi master picks them. Alright, but it is weird that the (...) (24 years ago, 17-Apr-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Obi Wan Kenobi Training Question

(...) little (...) Yes, I know. It is frustrating to have to pick up so many points from books though. Oh well I guess I will have to go out and buy some. Thanks for your help! Scott (24 years ago, 17-Apr-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Obi Wan Kenobi Training Question

I sure hope this adds to your confusion. There are many great theories about who trained Obi Wan, but my question is how old was he when he was trained? In Empire Strikes Back, Yoda objects to training Luke saying that he is too old, ghost Obi Wan (...) (24 years ago, 17-Apr-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Obi Wan Kenobi Training Question

(...) Actually, no. Ben says that he was reckless (like Luke's father) and full of anger (like Luke's father), but never too old. CREATURE: (irritated) I cannot teach him. The boy has no patience. Luke's head spins in the direction the creature (...) (24 years ago, 18-Apr-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Obi Wan Kenobi Training Question

I think you disproved yourself in your own message. If you look at the bottom of the transcript you posted.... "YODA: He is too old. Yes, too old to begin the training." (...) (24 years ago, 18-Apr-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Obi Wan Kenobi Training Question

I bow to your superior knowledge, either that or to the fact that you had a script handy, either way it is clearer to me now. Thanx Scott (24 years ago, 18-Apr-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Obi Wan Kenobi Training Question

(...) That's *Luke* that's too old, not Obi-Wan. Go back and read Scott's message. Scott thought that Obi-Wan said that he wasn't much younger than Luke when he began his training, and was confused about why Anakin & Luke were considered "too old" (...) (24 years ago, 18-Apr-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Obi Wan Kenobi Training Question

(...) Ah, the wonders of the Internet. 8) I did a Yahoo search on "Empire Strikes Back"+script and turned up two sites with the complete shooting script... J (24 years ago, 18-Apr-00, to lugnet.starwars)