 Star Wars / 5646
Re: Young Obi-Wan's Head
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 18:08:25 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Dave Schuler wrote:

In lugnet.starwars, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Rob wrote:

In lugnet.starwars, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Steve Bliss writes:

Padme (ie, Queen Amidala) - serious - dead

I'd like to know how you support this statement.

Doesn't Leia say in ROTJ that her mother died when she was very young?

And Darth Vader murdered Luke's father.

Can't believe everything someone tells you. ;)

Oh, brother.  Such a contrived piece of melodrama would destroy what little
of George's dramatic integrity has withstood the whole JarJar debacle. One
might as easily assert that Chewbacca is Leia's mother, since we have no film-
based evidence conclusively demonstrating him as unable to give birth.

Funny, that's what I thought when the whole "I am your father, Luke" thing came
out.  What a contrived, crummy plot twist.  The worst part is that (to me) it
really feels like it was a notion that occurred to Lucas *after* Star Wars was
released, while they were trying to figure out what to do for the second movie
(AKA Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back).

Ditto for the "Luke & Leia are twins" thing.  Double-ditto.

Steve