 Star Wars / 5624
Re: Young Obi-Wan's Head
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 23:30:57 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Steve Bliss writes:

Padme (ie, Queen Amidala) - serious - dead

I'd like to know how you support this statement.

Doesn't Leia say in ROTJ that her mother died when she was very young?

Here's what we know about Amidala's future:

She has a love affair with Anakin Skywalker (may or may NOT get married) and
becomes pregnant with his twin children.

She was around at least long enough for Leia to remember her as her *real*
mother, but not long enough for any lasting memories, just "impressions".

Amidala/Padme could well be alive in all Episodes IV - VI, and either out of
the scope of the storyline (ie, not doing anything interesting) or using
another name, a la Darth Vader.  We know, after all, that the idea is not
foreign to her.

eric

PS  I'm quite serious about both of the last two options, neither one is an
idle suggestion.  I don't want to post anything for fear of possible Spoilers,
though.  Feel free to email me and I'll be more than happy to share my • thoughts
on the subject.