 Star Wars / 5623
Re: Review 7115 - Gungan Patrol
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 19:52:23 GMT

In lugnet.reviews, Eric Kingsley writes:

Huh?!
The kaduus are not articulated? Not even in the neck?
Hmm, perhaps I´ll use them as sculputures for a Star Wars museum or something
:-)

--Tobias

The Undeniable:

Set: 7115 - Gungan Patrol
Theme: Star Wars (Episode I)
Pieces: 77
Figs: 2
MSRP: $9.99
Part to $ ratio: 1:$.0771

The Good:
2 Tan 8x8 Raidar Dishes
2 Tan 1x2 printed tile (Duffle) One is a spare!
2 Green 4x4 plates
Purple Shield
2 Brown Saddles
2 1x6 Brown Bricks

The Bad:
The Kaddu's are not articulated.
No Orange Bits to fill the Saddle area on the Kaddu's
The Gungan Heads (We have heard this before)
No Stormtroopers (Standard "Bad" until I see one)

The Huh?:
Why does the Gungan Soldier have a Green torso when the front is printed
entirely Black and Orange.

Model Rating:  7
Part Selection:  6.5

The Explination:

I also rank this set high among all LEGO System Sets although like most • Episode
I sets I rank it a bit lower then most Classic Sets.

The Kaddu's are cool although it would be nice if they were articulated.  I am
a hugh origional trilogy fan so I am more interested in the Classic sets but • if
you are a big Episode I fan you probably like this set a lot for recreating • the
final battle scene between the Gungans and the Battle Droids.  It is a cheap
set that includes 2 Gungans and the Kaddus.  I may get another if I have a • need
for the dishes or the 4 2x2 corner slopes but for me this set will probably • get
sorted and incorporated into my collection very soon.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelu