 Star Wars / 5578
Re: Young Obi-Wan's Head
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 18:33:45 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.market.auction, Todd Lehman wrote:

In lugnet.starwars, Charles Spindell writes:
I was looking at the new Desert Skiff Luke's head and it occurred to me
that it is the same head of the young Obi-Wan from the Gungan Sub set.
Has this already been mentioned before?

Wow, thanks for pointing that out.  I guess I'll hafta start calling it the
young Obi-Wan/Luke head.  :)

Or you could call it Star Wars Grumpy-Face #5.

Why are the main character mini-figs in the Star Wars sets universal in their
look of unhappiness?  The background characters seem generally cheerful.

Well if you had to fight the tirany and injustice of the Empire you probably
wouldn't be very happy either :-).  Plus being a Jedi is serious business.  As
for the background characters I don't know.  Maybe if they hadn't been so happy
and cheerful they would have lived a bit longer.

Let's do a little quick and dirty math to see if it is better to be serious or
happy.

Luke - Serious - Alive
Han - Smirky serious - Alive
Dak - Happy - Dead
Biggs - Happy - Dead
Obi Wan - Serious - Alive
Hoth Soldier - Happy - Some Dead Some Alive
Mechanic - Serious - Probably Alive
Gold Leader - Happy - Dead
A-Wing Pilot - Happy - Dead

I see a trend here...

The one exception I can think of off the top of my head is.

Qui Gonn Jinn - Serious - Dead

I think I would rather be serious.

I would also prefer a lot more classic smilies so I am not complaining.

Eric "Stormtroopers better be serious" Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/