 Star Wars / 14240
Re: New Sets 2003
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 07:38:27 GMT

Man I love this time of year. :D

4477:  Looks like a mix of gray and white with dark gray wings.  Good little
set IMO.

4478: Ok.  This is where it gets REALLY cool.  If you've seen the Incredible
Cross Sections book for Episode 2 you know that the Geonosian fighter's gun
and thruster are mounted on ball joints.  I've tried to figure out how to do
this in a small enough space...but now look!!  Big ball joints!!  WOW WOW
WOW.  What a useful part.  That fighter is perfect.  And is that burnt
orange (rust) for the wings?  Hope so.

Also:

-Sand red battle droids.
-Three of the new 6x6 solid dishes we saw in the ISD.  Very cool.  And
someone pinch me...is that a 3x3 dish?!  Or is it a 3x3 disc from technic
sets?

4479:  Looks ok.  Fits in with the other TIE Fighters.  I'll wait for a
clearance on this one.  Maybe I can get it for $8 like the TIE-Fighter.

4482:  I'm impressed.  They seemed to have done this one nicely.  6
superball joints!  Great colors in this one.  8 medium blue tiles. Some dark
red.  I'd like to know how the front with the tran neon green is built.

4484 through 4487:

GIMME.  Man I hope these little guys are cheap.  They look like candy. :-)
That Snowspeeder and Jedi Starfighter are my favorites.

Adventurers:

Great to see this theme still going.  I love the new location.  A bit
juniorized (and I don't say that much) but still cool.  I can already hear
the Castle folks collectively turning over in bed with visions of that
sword. :-)

Looks like a good year in my opinion.

-Jon
--
| The Shipyard - http://zemi.net/shipyard
| The Moonbase Project - http://www.classic-space.com/moonbase/start/
| My Lego Creations - http://zemi.net/lego
| Attack of the Bricks - http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=jpalmer

"Holger Matthes" <matthes@fh-aachen.de> wrote in message
Hi all,

http://home.t-online.de/home/gierse-gmbh/bilder/news2003/

shows the new sets form 2003. Great stuff in my opinion:

- Micro Star Wars Sets
- New Star Wars Sets
- Oriental theme [Build your own Alquaida battlefield ;-) ]
- nice parts in Creator sets

I would say, the quality of sets is getting better in 2003!

Kind regards form Germany,
Holger