 Star Wars / *14298 (-100)
  Re: Tusken Raider Camp

(...) Looks nice, although I might suggest staggering the huts a little to give it a more random layout. Good usage of some hard to use pieces. Also, I like the use of the ninja hood to get the look of the female Sand People. -Jason +---...---+ (...) (22 years ago, 14-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Tusken Raider Camp

Great job Amado! Looks cool. I didn't see Ep. 2, was there a scene of a camp in there? Anyways good job. Hasta La Vista, Sean P.S Where'd you get the gray ninja headpiece? (...) (22 years ago, 14-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Tusken Raider Camp

Check out our latest diorama from our homepage, Tusken Raider Camp; (URL) nomadic tribes of Tusken Raiders build camps with similar looking huts around each other for mutual protection. Just click on the thumbnail to get to the pics and your (...) (22 years ago, 14-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build, lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc) !

  Chris Maddison's X-Wing Pod Building Instructions

A&M Productions is proud to presents Chris Maddison's X-Wing Pod Building Instructions. You can download the BI's either in PDF format or the Ldraw file. The files are located here: (URL) can also get to them via the BI portal. -A&M Productions (22 years ago, 14-Oct-02, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Blue Landspeeder

(...) Wassssup (...) Great job Jeremy! Actually looks better than the real one. HLDITY to build it though? Keep up the good work. Hasta La Vista, Sean (22 years ago, 14-Oct-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Blue Landspeeder

"Sproaticus" <jeremy@sproat.us> wrote in message news:H3FEL4.3w2@lugnet.com... (...) I (...) Nice snot work. Is that a standard hat or some random element you used as a hat? It would make a good lampshade (or better, a good lampshade used as a hat, (...) (22 years ago, 13-Oct-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ben's LEGO Millennium Falcon back on-line

"Ben Fleskes" <benfleskes@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:H3xLBG.Dov@lugnet.com... (...) Awesome looking design! The only negative thing when looking at the detailed pictures is that many of the bricks are dirty, discolored, and nasty looking. My (...) (22 years ago, 13-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ben's LEGO Millennium Falcon back on-line

(...) Dang Ben, thats huge! Great detail by the way. (In fact, the only detail you missed was its supposed to look like a piece of junk, that in no way looks bad. : )) I can't beleive that your gonna' auction it off, its a beaut! Well, on the other (...) (22 years ago, 13-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Ben's LEGO Millennium Falcon back on-line

For those that haven't seen it before, pictures can be found at: (URL) welcome. Ben Fleskes (22 years ago, 13-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: AT-TE!!! AT-TE!!!

(...) I saw the movie about three or four times. I do believe there were both colors in the movie. My reasoning, though, is that they were sandwhipped and got pinkish from the sun, but I'm sure there's a LOGICAL explanation for this. :-) ~Evan (...) (22 years ago, 12-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New MOC: AT-STP

That is cool! You really captures the feel of the AT-ST. How much posablity does it have? -JHK (...) (22 years ago, 12-Oct-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New MOC: AT-STP

Great work. You did a good job preserving the look. I'm sure it stands better than the walker pod I just made. (...) (22 years ago, 12-Oct-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  New MOC: AT-STP

Hi all, Adrian wanted a pod with legs, Adrian gets a pod with legs. (URL) (after mod) Til then, (URL) construction notes: This one is about as bad as my X-Pod Wing when it comes to stability. Loves to fall over. But, it does stand on its own, very (...) (22 years ago, 12-Oct-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Sets 2003

Are there any sites out there with approval to show the new Creator or Belville sets? About the inner cardboard trays, I just busted up abunch of 4728s, most of them had the trays, but a few didn't. Some soccer sets I busted up early last summer (...) (22 years ago, 12-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Sets 2003

I've just come across the clearest pics of 2003 star wars sets I've yet seen, at www.theforce.net (hosted by www.rebelscum.com) pages are at: (2 URLs) links to pics: Jabba's Palace: (URL) Message (URL) Prize (URL) Skyhopper (URL) Fighter (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 12-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New MOC: X-PodWing Fighter

(...) Thanks Travis. It's good to see you getting into the "evil pod fad" a little. :-) The wings were the trickiest and most difficult part of the craft. Glad it payed off. -Chris (22 years ago, 12-Oct-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Two more Star Wars Pods

I just finished 2 more pods that I took from Episode 1. Sith Pod Infiltrator: (URL) Pod Fighter: (URL) Lego makes a yellow 8x8 dish, the naboo pod will have to settle with a light tan dish. Jamie www.ozbricks.com/jneufeld (22 years ago, 12-Oct-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  New MOC: Ackaly creature

Hello. I've revised my acklay (one of the arena creatures from Star Wars Episode II). I'll let the pictures do the explaining ;) Here's the link: (URL) be patient while it loads. LDraw/MLCad Instructions available. Please let me know what you think. (...) (22 years ago, 12-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: X-PodWing Fighter

uber sweet. This is one that I can get into. I love how you get the wings off the side of the pod. -tk "Xcalabur" <Xcalabur@rocketmail.com> wrote in message news:H3sBKx.52w@lugnet.com... (...) I'm (...) (22 years ago, 12-Oct-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: AT-TE!!! AT-TE!!!

(...) Tim has pics of the seven new SYSTEM sets up at FBTB (scroll down on the main page for the others) for those of you who want to see the Star Wars sets now that the other site has been shut down. I just had a question about the sand red droids, (...) (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Sets 2003

(...) (22 years ago, 12-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Sets 2003

If anyone could repost the sets, I'd be indebted to them. I never got to see them at all!!!!! :( KEith (...) (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New MOC: X-PodWing Fighter

(...) Sorry, I made that up. Is short for How Long Did It Take You. Hasta La Vista, Sean (...) (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New MOC: X-PodWing Fighter

(...) Thanks Gil. Deformity is cool - I might want to try some more compressed stuff. But yeah, it was irritating. If my fingers had about 3 more joints in them, and were the size of tweezers, it might have been a bit better. -Chris (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New MOC: X-PodWing Fighter

(...) Thanks Sean. Forgive my ignorance - HLDITY? -Chris (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New MOC: X-PodWing Fighter

(...) looks ok with the rest of the compression. Can't wait to see what you come up with. -Chris (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New MOC: X-PodWing Fighter

(...) its bottom. :-) -Chris (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New MOC: X-PodWing Fighter

Gotta love the deformity! Very cool Chris. It looks like a frustrating one to build, but in the end it was well worth the aggravation - for us, the viewer anyways :) Cheers, -G (...) (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New MOC: X-PodWing Fighter

(...) Wassssup (...) You said it right? (...) Great job Chris! Looks good. HLDITY to build it? Just out of curiosity, whos working on a Death Pod? Hasta La Vista, Sean (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Sets 2003

(...) I think these are due to come out next January, but those store clerks always make mistakes and sell stuff earlier... Could somebody e-mail me with pictures, too? I already saw them, but I want to have a closer look at these new sets. -JHK (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Sets 2003

Thankyou very much Tobbe. Looking over them now.... ooooh. mmm... sherpa hats... scimitars... hang on, is that Clifford in 7411? When do they hit the shops? Allister (...) (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New MOC: X-PodWing Fighter

That's great. You did a good job keeping it accurate yet poddish. I like the R2 unit in the back. I need to get my first Star Wars pod finished soon, or someone's going to beat me to it. (...) (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Nano scale spacecraft

(...) Thanks. I actually made those almost as a joke when I had made my little nano-ISD: (URL) someone on FBTB said I should make some TIEs to scale. Well, this was pretty much the smallest I could do, though those would still be pretty huge next (...) (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Nano scale spacecraft

(...) to (...) Although they are too big (like about double the size they should be for scale) I think they look way better than just 1x1 plates. It think that is about as small as you can make them without being sort of silly. (Like I did with my (...) (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: New Sets 2003

(...) I read Ringworld while on vacation earlier this year, in-between planning my Blockade Runner. Good book. (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Sets 2003

(...) <delurk> Since the page has obviously had the clamps put on it and I missed the window of opportunity, could one of you guys that did manage to see them go through your 'downloaded internet files' directory and email me a copy of them pretty (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Sets 2003

"Tony Knaak" <tknaaker@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:H3s07s.F9r@lugnet.com... (...) too; (...) What are you guy's TALKING about? That webpage doesn't even exist! -- Mnarkham Carroll (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New MOC: X-PodWing Fighter

Nice design Chris. I never thought of that approach. I can't fault you for flimsy wing - mine pop off when I open them. At least your X-wing can land. (...) (cut) (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  New MOC: X-PodWing Fighter

Hi all, The pod trend continues. First we had Gil doin' his thing, then Jamie decides to morph some StarWars into the mix. Then I get the idea of doing the X-wing, pod style, and Travis Dickinson beats me to it. But I prevail! Here's my version: (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Nano scale spacecraft

(...) They look fine to me. Are you gonna create the Death Star run or something b/c I see 2 TIEs and Vader's TIE. Hasta La Vista, Sean (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Nano scale spacecraft

(...) Any thoughts on whether my nano-scale TIEs are around the right scale? (URL) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: New Sets 2003

Agreed on all points emphatically. It goes without saying that all the new SW releases are superb. The only one I might not get is the TIE bomber as it looks so far to be a simple remake as others have noted. In a moment of weakness however, I'll (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Reissue of MOC: Moisture Vaporator

(...) How's the homestead coming? It'd be great to see a teaser if your not done. Hasta La Vista, Sean (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Sets 2003

(...) Hey Jeff, you're a fan of the Kzinti? I love the Man-Kzin wars!! You're the only person I know who has ever mentioned the series! Grrrreat books=) -Matt (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Sets 2003

(...) Jon you are absolutely right! All these new sets rock, especialy the new super ball joints (can't wait to use on a mecha!). Just as a side note too; since all these sets are going to be coming in to stores, be watching for good clearance deals (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Sets 2003

(...) I think your being optimistic with regards to the price. I'd say $3.99-$5.99 range. It looks to me like the sets come with about 50 pcs each. Still nice though. Jonathan (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Sets 2003

(...) I wish we'd seen more of the AT-TE on EPII. Very cool. (...) I don't know--the AT-ST looked to be about the same scale. 8^) (...) 'Nuff said. Dave! (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Sets 2003

Wow! The AT-TE is definately a steping stone to a possible AT-AT. The micro-fig scale Star Wars stuff is too big to be to scale with the (nano-fig scale) USC Star Destroyer. On the other hand they are really cool looking, and if they are (as they (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Nano scale spacecraft

(...) Wow. Those are really cool looking. The only thing is they are way too big to be to scale with the UCS Star Destroyer. I got the impression that the nano scale star wars sets would be capital ships. The reason for that, is the fighters to (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: FBTB Teaser Pic

I just went to FBTB for an update to see if the 2nd part of the pic was there - IT'S A TIE BOMBER! Woo hoo! Plus official pics are up of the Genosian fighter and the AT-TE. Dan (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Sets 2003

(...) Looks like a 3x3 dish -- it's curved. Plus: (URL) appears to be the same piece but painted and used as the shields here. Looking at the painted shields, there's a red line that seems about the right place that a 2x2 dish would end..looks about (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New teaser on FBTB.net: is that a TIE Bomber?

(...) I think it's a Tie Bomber. It's not a gray piece, I don't think, it's just a black piece with glare, and that looks like a wing from the Y-Wing/Vader's Tie set on the tie fighter. I hope it is! ~Evan Butzlaff (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: FBTB Teaser Pic

(...) I take back what I said before. You're right! I think the character thing is two clones and a battle droid... I see two white figures and (a battledroid?? something tan...) something else. I have a feeling it's from the rescue scene in Ep II. (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Sets 2003

(...) Um. October. Man, it's too early to think. Adrian (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  AT-TE!!! AT-TE!!!

(URL) THE AT-TE!!! (URL) FIGHTER PLUS SAND RED BATTLE DROIDS!! *OH MAN THAT'S AWESOME!* A super very excited impatient, ~Evan Butzlaff (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Sets 2003

(...) I'm a real hockey nut, and they made me cringe :( I was secretly hoping for a hockey line similar to soccer. Other sets relevent to space/starwars: 7411 - a Kzin! 7412 - a Wampa! Jeff J (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Sets 2003

(...) Yah, it's like Christmas in August :) (...) No, I think the wings are light gray. You can see dark gray in the 1x3 inverted slope right above the pilot's head, and the wings are far lighter than that. I think the angle makes them look a (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Sets 2003

Me again.. As I attempt to ignore the new atrocity that is the hockey theme, I would like to note just how amazingly cool the new creator sets are.. Mini-Mecha. Animals. Mini-Mecha and Animals. Looks refreshingly creative! -Jon -- | The Shipyard - (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Sets 2003

Man I love this time of year. :D 4477: Looks like a mix of gray and white with dark gray wings. Good little set IMO. 4478: Ok. This is where it gets REALLY cool. If you've seen the Incredible Cross Sections book for Episode 2 you know that the (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Nano scale spacecraft

With all this talk about the new and upcoming series of nano scale star wars sets, I thought it would be prudent to repost some nano scale fighters I made a while back. Enjoy :) (URL) is moderated) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Admiral Ackbar custom

Thanks! Oddly enuf, I did make my own yellow Calrissian in real life the same day I think. I'm also not sure if Lego has made the 1x1 brick w/ studs on 5 sides in red either... Jeff (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Admiral Ackbar custom

Thanks! Stefan Garcia has it right, MLCad is the program I used. And it can be yours too for the very low price of: FREE! That's right, FREE! The wonderful people (especially the late Mr. Jessiman) at: (URL) Mike at: (URL) given us this great (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build.minifigs)

  Re: New teaser on FBTB.net: is that a TIE Bomber?

(...) If you zoom in on that teaser you can distinguish that the part snipped at the base of the picture is a leading edge of a long black plate more than ten studs in length as it receeds and is cut. And the background is space, or a really dark (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Admiral Ackbar custom

Thanks! It's the grey imperial torso from 7201 "Final Duel II" set; in MLCad I can mak it any color i want. I got to thinking about this afterward & I figured in real life a plain white torso or a white racing torso: (URL) be the closest that's been (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build.minifigs)

  Re: Gamorrean Guard, too much green?

(...) Yes, it is uncool to modify LEGO elements in any way, IMHO. Including by applying the stickers that they send along with the set.... :-) --Bill. (22 years ago, 5-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: FBTB Teaser Pic

Actually, it's not. In this tread on the FBTB forum ((URL) says "I'll kill this one; I'm not going to be showing anything from the MINI line - everything that I am publishing is for 'System' scale sets." The second part of the picture will be (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  FBTB Teaser Pic

I betcha' it's one of the new rumoured micro-scale sets! "Asteroid Field Pursuit"... a little bitty Falcon and some Ties. Maybe even a Slave I! Just a wild idea DBY (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Admiral Ackbar custom

(...) He used MLCad to make that drawing. Check it out at: www.ldraw.org Hope that helps. -Stefan- (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build.minifigs)

  Re: New teaser on FBTB.net: is that a TIE Bomber?

I'd say it's a TIE interceptor, but they don't show up in the Falcon-chase scene. And like you said Stéphane, it looks light gray on the top flap. But I don't think there's an asteroid scene in EPI. And in EPII, it's just the Starfighter and the (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New teaser on FBTB.net: is that a TIE Bomber?

(...) I bet it is another Tatooine set. Rancor Pit playset perhaps? This is really shaping up to be the Tatooine Expansion Set Year. Could be a smart way to structure releases until Episode III in 2005: planet theme playsets. Tatooine looks like (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New teaser on FBTB.net: is that a TIE Bomber?

(...) Looking at the image on the top (the side actually) of the box, it seems to be a white or light gray ship. The TIEs up to now have a dark color scheme. I think that this is an EPI or EPII ship... (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Admiral Ackbar custom

(...) Great job Jeff! How hard is it to use cpu drawing systems anyways? Hasta la Vista, Sean (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build.minifigs)

  New teaser on FBTB.net: is that a TIE Bomber?

Looks like an asteroid-ish background there. Kevin (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  clarifying parsec and unlurking

(...) Lucas has stated that Han was trying to impress Kenobi w/ some BS and that Kenobi didn't buy it cuz Kenobi KNEW that a parsec is distance and not time. If you watch Alec Guiness's facial expression during the scene you'll see him roll his eyes (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Admiral Ackbar custom

"Jeff Szklennik" <jeffszklennik@usaexpress.net> wrote in message news:H3ozwF.7LB@lugnet.com... (...) (URL) (...) Nice! Is that a custom torso or an existing piece? I want to make one of these guys! "We can't repel Lego of that magnitude!" -- Grant (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build.minifigs)

  Re: X-Wing - Pod Style

WOW! That is very well done. Totally diffrent than what I had envisioned for a X-Wing pod. Great work. Jamie www.ozbricks.com/jneufeld (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Space Ship: AstroFoxx

(...) Yes. Lucas goofed it in the first movie, folks have tried to retro fit the meaning of the statment. Actually I was re-reading the whole "debate" on that line in SW yesterday for fun. The message from MST3K kept coming into my head.. "You (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Admiral Ackbar custom

(...) "All figs prepare to retreat!" "We won't get another shot at this, Admiral..." "We have no choice, Yellow Calrissian! Our cruisers canNOT repel firepower of that magnitude!" Hehe. --Josh (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Space Ship: AstroFoxx

(...) For clarification, a Parsec is a unit of distance, not time. See here: (URL) (...) Anyways, great creation Chris. I really like those canopies used in that arrangement. Hopefully, I'll actually get around to using mine soon. I dig the command (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Lando poll

(...) Hum.. Vader is more machine than human. His consumption of the dark side made him lose his humanity. Sure Luke helps him regain it but that is later on. Even if YOU say it is not a rqcial issue it WILL BECOME one. TLC does not want to step (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Lando poll

(...) Michael you are MISSING the point. The Ewoks are NOT HUMAN and as such TLC has expanded it's policy of yellow all the same size minifigs for humans but non-humans can be different. So ewoks can be brown and the pig in Jabba's palace can be (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Admiral Ackbar custom

It's a trap! Nope, it's just a custom minifig. (URL) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build.minifigs)

  Re: X-Wing - Pod Style

That looks really nice. I didn't think a pod X-Wing would turn out very well with the cockpit all the way in front, but I guess I was wrong. Good job. (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: X-Wing - Pod Style

I thought I'd jump on the X-wing before someone beat me to it :) Look forward to your rendition. (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: X-Wing - Pod Style

Thanks. I was rather surprised that I could fit the astromech in without any significant changes to the design. As for the renders, about 12 hours for the four of them. The back view took 7 of those hours thanks to the transparent parts. Since you (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: X-Wing - Pod Style

Death Star run.... I think that might have some potential. (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: X-Wing - Pod Style

Oooh, I hate you. My idea, mine!! You people are all getting as bad as Adrian (have him tell you the story) :-) Seriously tho, very cool ship. And a totally different approach than the one I was gonna (and still will!) take. -Chris (...) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  School's In (was ISD Inventory posted)

You know, things brings up yet another amazing thing about this amazing set. For me anyways, it's going to many valuable lessons on building techniques such as the one Adrian describes here. Being a builder who has yet to tackle a truly large (...) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.db.inv)

  Re: X-Wing - Pod Style

Uh oh, someone's going to build a Death Pod? :D (...) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: ISD Inventory posted

(...) I'm already mentally rearranging my new sorting system to make room for massive quantities of some new pieces (140 1x2x1 panels? 119 1x2 groove tiles?? 32 pairs of 6x12 wings???) Yow, this looks impressive. And the sheer quantity of 2xn plates (...) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.db.inv)

  Re: X-Wing - Pod Style

(...) Death Star run. Hasta La Vista, Sean (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: ISD Inventory posted

(...) DROOOLLL...LLL!!!...!!! I think I will go sell a kidney and a lung right about now!!! Wayne (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.db.inv)

  Re: ISD Inventory posted

(...) Oh my, that's just a whole lot of grey and dark grey pieces. I think some people were accurate in calling it a 'bulk grey plate pack'! Me? I'm going to buy it for those three dark red plates... ;-) JohnG, GMLTC (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.db.inv)

  Re: ISD Inventory posted

This is incredible Dan...many thanks. Now I want the blasted thing even more.... Cheers, -G 218 1/2 technic axle pins!!! A SNOT builder's delight!!!! (...) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.db.inv)

  Re: ISD Inventory posted

(...) WOW! There are some really cool quantities of parts in that thing. I wasn't going to get one before, but now, I may have to. (...) Well, ok, but still, it would be pretty cool if it did happen. (...) Thanks, Jason +---...---+ Jason Spears (...) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.db.inv)

  Re: ISD Inventory posted

(...) I got there before it became swamped. This answers the questions of what the shield generator domes are made of: (URL) highlights: 66 1x16 lt grey technic beams 32 pairs of 6x12 lt grey wings There is a sticker sheet. 4 trans-lt-blue minifig (...) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: ISD Inventory posted

(...) the mirror at: (URL) - this mirror is off our home DSL line, so it's bound to be slow. Please use it only if you get time-outs from peeron. Thanks! Dan (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.db.inv)

  Re: X-Wing - Pod Style

Wow! Looks amazing Travis...and the rendering is just beautiful. Even managed to fit in an astromech and separating foils as well....excellent stuff. Thanks for the tip o the hat, although the real credit has to go to Jamie Neufeld....the SWPod is (...) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: T16 skyhopper set

I'm excited, but one 'specialized' part I wish they would have made for this would have been some form of windshield or clear panels to cover the triangle opening. Yeah, and if I won a free Ferarri, I would complain that it didn't come in green. :D (...) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: T16 skyhopper set

(...) But the snowspeeder had both the aviators helmet and the rebel pilot helmet, in white! Heh. From the pics I am 99% sure it's a rebel pilot helmet. --Josh (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact