 Star Wars / 14236
Re: New teaser on FBTB.net: is that a TIE Bomber?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 02:54:33 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Kevin Johnston writes:
Looks like an asteroid-ish background there.

Kevin

If you zoom in on that teaser you can distinguish that the part snipped at
the base of the picture is a leading edge of a long black plate more than
ten studs in length as it receeds and is cut.  And the background is space,
or a really dark night anyway, with large looming rock formations that may
or may not rise out from the ground.  Knowing all of this and what sceenes
correspond to such a view, I think that it is in deed a TIE Bomber.

If you go by set numbers, the T-16 Skyhopper is a lower number and smaller
set price of $12.99, while Jabba's Palace is a large number and likely a $30
dollar set.  That says to me high probability that this teaser is a $20
range set, and may include two or three minifigures and as many as 190+ parts.

If you look at all the teaser shots of all the other 2003 sets the top of
the box does not necessarily show the entire model.  It is likely that what
we see is a snapshot of some part or action feature that increases the WOW
factor of this model.

In my opinion, the alternatives are a model from Genosis (Episode 2), or
such.  It is not likely to be an Episode One set, and not at all an EU set.

That is my take on this, can't wait for more teasers!
Thanks Tim!!

-Aaron-