 Space / 18247
New MOC: X-PodWing Fighter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 21:26:57 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi all,

The pod trend continues.  First we had Gil doin' his thing, then Jamie
decides to morph some StarWars into the mix.  Then I get the idea of doing
the X-wing, pod style, and Travis Dickinson beats me to it.

But I prevail!  Here's my version:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=26678 (after moderation)

direct links:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Xcalabur/Spacecraft/X-PodWing/01.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Xcalabur/Spacecraft/X-PodWing/02.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Xcalabur/Spacecraft/X-PodWing/03.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Xcalabur/Spacecraft/X-PodWing/04.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Xcalabur/Spacecraft/X-PodWing/05.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Xcalabur/Spacecraft/X-PodWing/06.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Xcalabur/Spacecraft/X-PodWing/07.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Xcalabur/Spacecraft/X-PodWing/08.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Xcalabur/Spacecraft/X-PodWing/09.jpg

I wanted to do a more compressed version of the X-Wing.  The most
challenging part was finding a good way to get the s-foils to move.  And I'm
still looking for a better one, 'cause this ship is about the flimsiest
non-swooshable thing I've ever built.

"I have a X-PodWing.  It's not fer flyin, it's just fer lookin at."
(A cookie to he who can tell me the reference)

LMKWYT!
-Chris