 Space / 382
  Color & Classic Space

This may be rehashing an old topic, but has anyone ever thought about what each color might mean for the old space mini-figs? Here's my theory: Yellow= Pilots- they always seemed to be the figs that came with spaceships White= Technicians- they (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Color & Classic Space

(...) Hmmm... interesting. As a kid I ranked them: White = Technicians and also Medical personel Red = Engineers Yellow = Computer Systems Experts Blue = Scientists Black = Pilots/Commanders ('cause they looked the coolest) Not so different. And (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Color & Classic Space

(...) For me, yellow figs served as commanders for ground infantry. (...) Now these guys were indeed the technicians--they piloted small ships and supported in larger ones, when I'd put together a clump of ships. (...) This is interesting! I use (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Color & Classic Space

Hehe... good theory. --Tobias (...) each (...) gaurds, (...) represented (...) service. (...) mini-figs (...) was (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Color & Classic Space

Well, if we are talking about Futuron, I think that red minifigs were only in some kind of base. That would make them scientists. --Tobias <SNIP> (...) mini-fig (...) mix (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Color & Classic Space

Felix Greco skrev i meddelandet ... (...) each (...) Not just pilots, they also drove some vehicles which transported stuff. (...) I´d say scout pilots, the pilot some fo the smaller cars and ships. And also techincians. (...) Blue = scout pilots, (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Color & Classic Space

(...) Well, having the UFO and Insectoids being released during one of my dark ages (thank goodness) I had my own little bad guy scheme going on before them. Basically, I made a third party called "Vipers." Each Guy had a certain colour for their (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Color & Classic Space

I guess that I never gave as much thought as some of you to the functions and duties of each color. For me, the colors represented rank more than anything. Here is my breakdown (including approximate duties): White was the most numerour for me (and (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Color & Classic Space

In lugnet.space, Timothy D. Freshly writes: I am curious to (...) Large military build ups lead to war... or so my high school history teacher would have me believe. I think a lot of us went the easy route when it came to UFO and insectoids and made (...) (25 years ago, 6-Nov-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Color & Classic Space

How do you explain the early days, when there were only red and white? (Yes, I am old enough that I actually have an original Galaxy Explorer.) (...) (25 years ago, 6-Nov-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Color & Classic Space

As a kid I ranked and organized my figures in a similar way. Futron minifigs were the elite or commanders of the color represented. Yellow = enlisted personel, grunts, mechanics, infantry, low skill jobs ( I had too many yellows) Blue = engineers, (...) (25 years ago, 6-Nov-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Color & Classic Space

(...) I use Aquazone figs in my Space universe as Heavy Troopers. They have the capability to add on weapons to their suits. These suits are equipped with thrusters and short jump warp capability (boy do I have too much time on my hands). White and (...) (25 years ago, 6-Nov-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Color & Classic Space

(...) each (...) I just always thought red/blue was for the men and white/yellow for the women. But my dark age began before I had many blue or yellow. As for status, naturally the men outranked the women! I sure didn't want my little sister bossing (...) (25 years ago, 6-Nov-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Color & Classic Space

(...) Back in 1978, when the very first LEGOLAND Space sets came out, all there was were red and white space figs. This was just a few years after the famous Apollo-Soyuz mission, and so for that reason, I think I always figured that the white (...) (25 years ago, 6-Nov-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Color & Classic Space

Hmmmm. Good Stuff! I never thought of it like that. But those early sets really did have the feal of something that could really happen. I remember that well. Lego Space had alot to with my early interest in Sci-Fi (and hence my interst now as (...) (25 years ago, 6-Nov-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Color & Classic Space

Felix wrote: <SNIP> (...) that? (...) I have seen this on someone´s "aleternate space-theme" page. That was years ago, though, and I will have to dig very deep into my browser´s cache to find the URL. --Tobias (25 years ago, 6-Nov-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Color & Classic Space

(...) (Yes, I (...) Well, assume that the LEGOLAND Space Agency (LSA) started to explore space. Okay. They needed some pilots and people to run their bases, and some technicians. the red guys were pilots and the white guy technicians. But after a (...) (25 years ago, 6-Nov-99, to lugnet.space)

  (canceled)

  Re: Color & Classic Space

I've never given any figure "rank" over each other (just my own wussy way of play when I was ten), but rather considered their job in a given Lego set as a clue to what their color might indicate as their "Class". Here's how I always broke 'em down: (...) (25 years ago, 6-Nov-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Color & Classic Space

(...) Thats easy. Exploration only required technicians and officers to lead them. After the hazards of space flight were identified, specialized pilots were trained and scientist were sent out to do research. Thats an answer at any rate, even (...) (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Color & Classic Space

Fantastic discussion to come up with! If I recall correctly, I always envisioned them about the same way as you do. :) The blue guys were my favourites, closely followed by the blacks (I don't know if I ever had more than one). -- Paul Davidson, aka (...) (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Color & Classic Space

Perhaps we could make a whole web-page about this. Everyone´s theories and thoughts. --Tobias (...) Futuron (...) all-black (...) everyone (...) spaceships (...) involving (...) gaurds, (...) (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Color & Classic Space

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message news:3823a9a6.695651...net.com... (...) little (...) Cool! The Apollo-Soyuz mission is one of my earliest television memories. I sat and watched the whole thing. But by the time LEGOLAND Space sets (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Color & Classic Space

Felix Greco wrote in message ... (...) [snip] The first few years of classic space in the late 70s, all you could get were red and white astronauts. I assumed that this was meant to signify USA/USSR joint space exploration. I thought it was kind of (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Color & Classic Space

s (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Color & Classic Space

Nephilim wrote: < SNIPPED Discussion of Space Minifigs > Hmm, I never thought TLG (LG, TLC, LC, whatever) assigned specific roles to the Classic Space minifigs. I like the white / red theory of the Soviet and the USA, but I think the cosmonauts were (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Color & Classic Space

(...) each (...) I tended to think of them as skill/rank too, depending upon which color I had more of, never nationality. But blue and black were always officers, black being highest in command. I remember buying an old town tow truck set for a (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.space)