 Space / 400
Re: Color & Classic Space
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 6 Nov 1999 04:13:04 GMT

In lugnet.space, "John VanZwieten" <john_vanzwieten@msn.com> writes:
I just always thought red/blue was for the men and white/yellow for the
women.  But my dark age began before I had many blue or yellow.  As for
status, naturally the men outranked the women!  I sure didn't want my little
sister bossing me around :-)

Back in 1978, when the very first LEGOLAND Space sets came out, all there
was were red and white space figs.  This was just a few years after the
famous Apollo-Soyuz mission, and so for that reason, I think I always
figured that the white minifigs were American/USA/Astronauts and the red
minifigs were Soviet/CCCP/Cosmonauts.  After all, the first 3 LEGOLAND Space
sets did seem very much like "real-life" things that could conceivably
happen on Earth's moon sometime in the early 21st Century.  :)

--Todd