 Space / 397
Re: Color & Classic Space
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 6 Nov 1999 03:57:53 GMT

In lugnet.space, Timothy D. Freshly writes:
I guess that I never gave as much thought as some of you to the functions
and duties of each color.  For me, the colors represented rank more than
anything.  Here is my breakdown (including approximate duties):

White was the most numerour for me (and also my first spacefig color from
the Space Shuttle) so they were the grunts - mechanics, foot soldiers, etc.
Red was the next most numerous so they performed the same functions, but
were higher rank.  Yellow figs were next on the ladder - mainly pilots and
base commanders.  Next up was Blue.  I only had one and he was the second in
command.  The supreme commander of my space forces was (and still is) my one
precious Black classic minifig.

Related topic:  One problem I have had since coming out of my dark ages is
how to integrate the newer figs into this overall structure.  I've been
using Aquazone figs as fighter pilots and elite marine-style troops.  I been
using Roboforce figs as small craft pilots.  I am still working on fitting
in the White/Blue Aquanauts and the Black/red Aquashark figures (I always
though all of these worked really well as space figures).  I am curious to
know how others use these figs (if at all).

Tim

I use Aquazone figs in my Space universe as Heavy Troopers.  They have the
capability to add on weapons to their suits.  These suits are equipped with
thrusters and short jump warp capability (boy do I have too much time on my
hands).  White and blue/black aquanauts are good buys aquasharks are baddies.
I also use the new spaceport figs as Medium Troopers (using the old blacktron
II jetpacks)

Chris <><