 Space / 34308
  New MOC: Vanguard-Class Destroyer

(URL) Click on Image I've always admired battleships and other types of naval vessels that had those huge turrets the size of cars, or even houses for that matter. You know, the (URL) kind LFB builds>. So I just had to make a spacecraft with a (...) (20 years ago, 11-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Vanguard-Class Destroyer

(...) Very well done! My only criticism is the amount of space afforded to the crew, it seems a tad unrealistic given the size of the ship. I am quite taken by the simple, boxy modularity of your design. The model as a whole is asthetically pleasing (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Vanguard-Class Destroyer

(...) This is very sweet! It's a perfect example of the visual impact of color usage, studlessness, playable details and really nice photography. Even though I'm not really liking the squared-off, two-box profile(1), I still spent the last 45 (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Vanguard-Class Destroyer

(...) Thanks for the reply Joseph! Glad you like the overall shape (I'm still questioning if it was the right approach, myself). As for the issue of space given to the crew, I'm not quite sure what you mean... Did I provide too much space or not (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Vanguard-Class Destroyer

(...) Thanks Kyle! And thanks for the critique... More on that below. (...) Yes, in the few sketches I did for this spaceship, I did try to evoke the shape of a destroy/battleship/whathaveyou. However, in sketches, you can draw flowing lines that (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Vanguard-Class Destroyer

(...) I love the turret, though from the standpoint of (probable) military design philosophy, not very likely. Whatever, though, it looks great. :) Anyhow, though it is boxy, it doesn't *look* like a box. I like how you managed to combine economy of (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Vanguard-Class Destroyer

In lugnet.space, Jordan D. Greer wrote: You sure wrote a lot Jordan! (...) Heh, I know what you mean about the turret... I just wanted to make it look cool. A smaller, perhaps rounder, or more steeply angled design would have made more sense. That's (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Vanguard-Class Destroyer

(...) Mmmmmm tasty. I like alot of things about this ship. I think the PD turret design is really cool, as are some of the shapes and weird parts on the engines. My only real complaint would be the solidity of the colors. It seems sort of like it's (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Vanguard-Class Destroyer

Oh man, how cool is this photo! (URL) Mighty fine, mighty fine I say. It still amazes me how you work with color, let alone the parts. Bravo. e (20 years ago, 12-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Vanguard-Class Destroyer

(...) Thanks Daniel! (...) Yeah, I guess I got a little carried away. I didn't want to mix up the colours like I did (URL) last time>, but this extreme form of colour grouping doesn't work well either. Your suggestions are good though. I'll take (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Vanguard-Class Destroyer

(...) I like that pic too. :-) (...) Aaawwww... Thanks LEGOMASTER! (...) (URL) Mladen Pejic> (20 years ago, 12-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Vanguard-Class Destroyer

(...) Hey, Mladen, that's a really cool MOC. Sleek, smooth, wonderful colors. The turret and engines are especially well done. And the interior rocks. IT ROKS! You have a way with these wonderful interiors. Even though the floor is not smooth, it (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Vanguard-Class Destroyer

(...) Great use of color as per usual. I really like the huge oversided rail gun turret in relation the the ship. Adds a very fantastic touch. But I was floored when I saw: (URL) For that I will sacrifice 100 yellow 2x4s in your honor. Oh glorious (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Vanguard-Class Destroyer

(...) Thanks a bunch John! (...) I agree; something went bad halfway through construction. Like I said before, in sketches you can have nice flowing lines that smooth out all the abrupt transitions, but when you start building you realize it just (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Vanguard-Class Destroyer

(...) Hey Chris! Glad you like the turret and colours. (...) LOL Sacrifice them you shall. :-) (URL) Mladen Pejic> (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Vanguard-Class Destroyer

(...) What can I say that Hasn't been said, so I'll summarize Turret - Tick Loved the look of this, though the angles may not be "realistic" for a naval turret, this isn't a navel turret, it's a space turret. I have long admired the way you build (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jun-04, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: Vanguard-Class Destroyer

(...) I apologize for my unclear response, I was in a hurry at the time. It seemed to me that an overly large space was alloted for crew use on such a small capital craft. Looking at the ship again I can see that it has all the necessary features (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Vanguard-Class Destroyer

(...) Thanks Travis! (...) Yeah, I'm not too big a fan of boxy spacecraft, but I guess sometimes you just have to design them as such. (...) Yeah, I kinda did mess up by making the lower sections only 8 studs wide. However, I do prefer ships with (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Vanguard-Class Destroyer

(...) Oh, that's what I thought you meant. Thanks for clarifying it anyway. :-) In some ways I agree with you though. I think it was Jeremy Sproat, or someone else that I can't recall precisely, who said that a certain percentage of a spaceship (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Vanguard-Class Destroyer

(...) Hey MP. I really liked this one. I do agree with a lot of what some others commented like needing to "taper" the connection between the lower and upper level and how awesome the interior is. Definitely need more room for life support systems (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jun-04, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: Vanguard-Class Destroyer

(...) Thanks for the feedback, David. The interior was something I really tried to do right this time around. Hopefully, with each no spaceship I build I will improve the look of the insides. I will also definitely "taper" my next ship and add more (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Vanguard-Class Destroyer

(...) Hey Mladen, Swifty ship ya got there. I'm really in lust with the engine in back, it being all red and anime-looking. The interiors have some fun surprises, like those storage units and the utilitarian-nigh-intimidating (URL). As for the (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Vanguard-Class Destroyer

(...) Thanks Kevin! I agree, my toilets are a bit utilitarian and intimidating, but I just like them that way... Also, I don't have any white 2x2 round tiles! So sue me, I gotta use those darn 1x2 technic beams. ;-p (...) Excellent suggestion; I (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)