 Space / 2889
Re: SPACEWORLD! (name is TEMPORARY!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 01:47:33 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin writes:

If you look closely, the Star Trek "arrowhead" thing has been around since
the 60's. It was present on the original Enterprise, on the side of the main
hull just aft of the big communications dish. Later, it was adopted as the
official symbol of the UFP and made its way onto the uniforms, and it's
still present everywhere, AFAIK.

Just to pick a nit here: though it was on the original Enterprise, it was not
on the ship during the original 5 year mission, which was the original series.
Only after the mission/original series had ended and the ship underwent
extensive redesign (for Star Trek I) did the arrowhead make it to the hull,
which was a cool idea.

BTW, where do i sign up for Spaceworld?

-Tom McD.
when replying, Cyrano Jones fed spamcake to tribbles.