 Space / 28122
Re: Moonbase: Starting to put up the rail standard
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 2003 23:58:51 GMT

"Xanthra47" <jmantor@nycap.rr.com> wrote in message
Yeah.  I'll retract those two rules.  They are too limiting.  I tried to
build a sample train/corridor model and it just doesn't fit : (
I think if we're going to do trains we need to revisit the corridor
height/setback again.  Even the new 10 brick height spec isn't enough
for a metroliner-ish train to clear : (  I think we need 12 bricks high
and 6 studs of setback.  That'd let us run 8 or 10 wide trains between
modules with no problems.  Check out this pic to see what I mean.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/xanthra47/moonbase/traincar.jpg

The platforms don't need to be on top of the wheels, you know.  For example:

<<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Markham/Moonbase/Concepts/Trains/spacetr
ain1.jpg>>

You could park a standard corridor on yor train that way, and still easily
fit.  I've already made an engine and it's only 5-bricks-tall.  It doesn't
have an engineer, so it's robotic.  It's the future, so who'd need a slow,
fleshy engeneer to drive a vehicle that runs on tracks anyways!? ;)

--
Markham Carroll

BoogaTech Ships & Construction:
http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/114