 Space / 28101
Re: Moonbase: Starting to put up the rail standard
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 2003 15:26:35 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jason S. Mantor wrote:
Mike brings up some good points about clearances etc., but I think we
can avoid these problems all together with two simple rules :

1.  Moonbase trains = six studs wide max.  We can make "soft seal"
airlocks to allow un-suited moonbase personel to board pressurized train
cars.

This is kind of limiting, especially when designing trains that are supposed to
look squat and futuristic.  I think train tracks will be fine...people will just
need to work out a layout for the Moonbase and all the monorail/trains
*beforehand*, instead of at the show.  Not all moonbase modules have to be
planned with tracks and monorail in mind, but if we have some sort of layout,
then people can design their modules around that plan.
--Bram